Monday, December 22, 2014

Merry Christmas!

Dear Family,
Seasons Greetings from Zimbabwe
What a blessing it is to have a family that is knowledgeable about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
This season is always such a great one to celebrate the birth of our Saviour and the Covenants that He made as the Pre-mortal Christ to the children of Israel both ancient and modern. I love the words of Isaiah as he said,"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."  What a truth it is that Christ is wonderful and through much struggle and experience I have found it true that he is the Prince of Peace. As it has been stated that this season we should "Share the Gift" we have tried our best in Zimbabwe and are doing our best to share everyday what happiness and peace can be found in the Redeemer. This season gives such an opportunity to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with others who are not of the Latter-day saint faith.
Often I wish I could be the Angel that heralded to the shepherds (although our jobs are similar) "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord."  I feel a closeness to this Christmas story as if maybe I could have been one of the angels who was in that great multitude who sang with all there hearts, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men." 
I hope that you have found peace in living the Gospel. His kingdom is not of this world. Aren't we part of that kingdom? Do we act like it? Do we have the love to share the Gift that God had for us? If you don't have someone to pay the penalty for your sins, who will?

"Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come into the world. And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning."
God Bless You,
Merry Christmas
with love,
Elder William D. Beadle

No comments:

Post a Comment